Touchless Incubator ???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bald k9, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Hello all ! Does anyone know if there is an incubator that you put the eggs in and sit back and wait for them to hatch or do you have to adjust stuff, [heat,light ,humidity,turn eggs, etc], I would love to try an hatch my own eggs but I really dont have time to go thru what you guys and gals talk about going thru ,[turning, temp,heat,], I would end up STRESSING OUT!!!!, Thanks for any input! [​IMG]

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    A Hovabator Genesis 1588 with an autoturner. You plug it in, add water to the one part of the tray for incubation, then add water to the other tray for the last few days and hatching.

3. zaylinda

zaylinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    The brinsea Mini Advance or Octagon Advance, but they are a tad pricey.

4. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    I 2nd the Brinsea Mini Advance. All you have to do is keep an eye on your water for humidity purposes and your good to go. I have one myself & love it.
    [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I'll second the Genesis Hovabator 1588. It is pretty much a set it and forget it bator. You only need to monitor humidity.

6. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I have the genesis...it is great! Just have to add water every few days, i use it for my first 18 days then i put them in another hovabator for hatching....hope i get a sportsman for christmas!

7. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I have the Brinsea Octagon Advance w/ the cradle, so far its working great, just add water every 3 or 4 days.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. hens & chicks

hens & chicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2009
    Hudson Indiana
    I just recently bought the Hovabator Genesis 1588 from Brahampooter on the auction site here. She sent 5 eggs all the way from New York. All 5 eggs hatched last week. Only concern I have with the incubator is there really is not a decent way to lift the lid from the base. I would like to see some type of handles on each side to do that. Lid is lightweight but just a little inconvient in design for me. Instructions are basic not in depth. The "finishing touches" to incubation are gotten on the BYC website. This was my first time using an incubator so I feel I did real good in following the directions and getting a good hatch. I actually set the eggs for 10 days when they came in and then put in the incubator for hatch. Now that they are old enough to talk to me they do have that New York accent! Also I can now order eggs to hatch to my hearts content! The unit can hhold quite a few eggs and is simple and uncomplicated to use and takes up very little room.

9. Tad

Tad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South TX on the border
    hovabator genesis, I have 2 and they are total plug n play, get the auto turner and you are a egg hatching machine!!

10. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Wow I just may have to start hatching myself, !!! How much does the Genisis cost!. thanks again for all your input! Doeas anybody have one they want to sell or rent maybe? Thanks and Happy Holidays [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by