Toured the new prison yesterday

Quote:
You don't get family medical coverage and your husband is a corrections officer! That is outrageous. I reread your post, that burns me. Family coverage should be available at a reasonable cost when someone is working. I have a 5 employee company that I own and I offer medical for my employee for free and we chose a plan with reasonable buy in rates for the family. We are looking into dental as well as a group buy in which makes it affordable. Ugh! That bugs me.

We get it but it would cost $200 too $300 more a month if he adds me not counting the deductables we would have to pay.Its that time of the year for open inrollment so im hoping they have one that won't break us if he adds me.Over the last 10 years the medical insurance has gone down the toilet.....And payments have and keep going up....
Edit to say:he can add all the kids he wants it stays about the same its when they go to add spouses that when it hurts....

Last edited:
And here I saw the title and though... 'someone's built a new predator proof coop for their previously free-ranging chickens...'

Didn't think you meant a REAL prison for PEOPLE! LOL
tongue.png

Just remember, no matter how nice it is, and I've worked in some really nice facilities, they still are prisoners, have no freedom, are subject to strip search and are woken up at every shift change. I'd rather be free.

I highly recommend Wally Lamb's excellent book of essays written by women prisoners, Couldn't Keep it to Myself. Lamb, a bestselling author, leads a writing group inside a women's prison, and the selected essays from his group are eye-opening. They really challenge preconceived notions about "the scum of the earth" that fills prisons and also what imprisonment is really like. They also make you realize that every single person inside prison is a person, and that the vast majority of them never intended to end up where they've landed and certainly don't want to be there.

Amy

What pisses me off more than anything is inmates getting their child support checks (sent directly from the state) and they send them to their 'trust fund'. Why doesnt the state take it away from them and give it to whoever has their children? And even worse is the "stimlulus checks." That got me
somad.gif
. How the h e double hockey stick is this going to "help boost our economy" when the inmate just sends it to their trust fund?!? All they do with it is buy food and snacks so they can have a 'spread'.
roll.png

As you can tell I work for a prison.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom