Towelheads? She really said that? A teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Gahhhhhhhhhhh! DS came home today and told me that he has the MOST RACIST person he has ever met for a teacher.
Apparently she has a 'thing' against Muslims and decided to use her business math class as a platform for a rant regarding the whole Muslim/Mosque/Ground Zero situation.

This is not the 1st time she has spewed her opinion about Muslims as the Towelhead comment was made last week during another lapse in her judgement.

Now, we dont live in a very diverse community BUT there is no way that she could know if anyone in that room was a Muslim. I am half tempted to get my boy a rug and have him request prayer time during her class **insert evil laugh*.

I dont even understand what on earth would make a TEACHER think that this was acceptable? She is obviously welcome to her opinions but from 8am-3pm...they have no place in her world.

What if she felt this way about Hispanics? African Americans? Yankees? (
wink.png
) etc etc. Would she feel free to rail against any of them while my tax dollars are paying her salary.

Am I wrong to be this annoyed?

And why do these things always happen on a Friday so I have to stew all weekend til I can get the Principal on the phone? UGH!

Call now. If your kid just got home from school the principal is still there.

Yes, you should be offended. This is a completely inappropriate way for a teacher to behave. Racist comments and rants about religious groups do not belong in a classroom. As a teacher you have to keep your personal opinions to yourself. Racism and religious intolerance have no place in the classroom.

Oh, and they happen on Friday so that you do not choke the life out of the idiot teacher and the principal who tolerates this behaviour.
wink.png

Last edited:
Yep call now because what happens when this dies down? Who will her next target be? Your kid? My kid? Your neighbor's kid?

This kind of thing is no better than Hitler's little "classes" on Jews... the difference being that this is NOT Nazi Germany and you, as a parent, absolutely have a say when it comes to propaganda (rather than math) being drilled into your child's head.

Wow... I mean really, even unions won't stand for that kind of thing. How dumb IS this teacher?

mom'sfolly :

Call now. If your kid just got home from school the principal is still there.

Yes, you should be offended. This is a completely inappropriate way for a teacher to behave. Racist comments and rants about religious groups do not belong in a classroom. As a teacher you have to keep your personal opinions to yourself. Racism and religious intolerance have no place in the classroom.

Oh, and they happen on Friday so that you do not choke the life out of the idiot teacher and the principal who tolerates this behaviour.
wink.png

I agree, you really need to call the principal. This should be grounds for discipline at a minimum, if not dismissal. Good luck!​

OMG, i would totally call !!! That's ignorant and incorrect, they where turbans not towels...duh! Stupid lady, i hate people like that.

My brother-in-law is muslim & i hate when people think....OH TERRORIST. So dumb & uneducated to think that way!

yeah, she could start with other comments and really hurt a childs feelings! She is supposed to be a role model and have ETHIC'S.

Last edited:
Didn't read all the comments but had to mention that when I was young, I took a bad fall off some playground equipment and scraped up my whole left side of my face. It scabbed over and looked gross, of course. We had a class of blind children and of course a teacher....one day i was walking down the hall and the blind class teacher was describing things to the kids and said "and there goes scabface". LOL whoops. I told my mom that and she raised hell with the principal who had a little chat with the teacher about it. If there is one thing teachers have to be these days, its POLITICALLY CORRECT.

Sigh.

Skip the principal and call the administration office or the board of education. THEN call the principal.

The superintendant, specifically.

Last edited:
Call the Iman of Orlando...............he stopped the burning here in Florida. Maybe he can teach the teacher to say nice things......
lau.gif

Quote:
I agree, you really need to call the principal. This should be grounds for discipline at a minimum, if not dismissal. Good luck!

As a future teacher, her attitudes and the speech she gave was inappropriate for sure. Her rant is planting seeds of disrespect and hatred in the hearts of her students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom