Town of babylon code 106-14

Should chickens be allowed?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tink1422

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2016
106-14Keeping fowl near dwelling of other people.
No person shall keep, maintain, house or possess any fowl on or in any building, yard or enclosure within the Town which shall be within 100 feet of the dwelling house or living quarters of any other person.

I was just served with a warning I’ve been raising my chickens for about 5 years now my fence line along a park way and i only have 2 neighbors sharing a fence with me I believe the complaint was made with mal intent as my close neighbors are as surprised as I am about this I’m looking to fight this but have no idea how to even start or if it’s worth it I’ve heard the town of babylon is brutal & not easy to go against has anyone else tried to fight an ordinance? Any information is greatly appreciated !

Well, as much as I totally think you should have chickens in Babylon, it's obviously against the rules. Eventually, unless they change the rule, you're going to have to stop keeping chickens.

And, 100 feet from your house? That's rough...

I read it as 100' from neighbors houses. So yes technically chickens are allowed (in response to your poll). I guess your actual issue is that you don't have a spot on your property that fits that requirement?

106-14Keeping fowl near dwelling of other people.
No person shall keep, maintain, house or possess any fowl on or in any building, yard or enclosure within the Town which shall be within 100 feet of the dwelling house or living quarters of any other person.

I was just served with a warning I’ve been raising my chickens for about 5 years now my fence line along a park way and i only have 2 neighbors sharing a fence with me I believe the complaint was made with mal intent as my close neighbors are as surprised as I am about this I’m looking to fight this but have no idea how to even start or if it’s worth it I’ve heard the town of babylon is brutal & not easy to go against has anyone else tried to fight an ordinance? Any information is greatly appreciated !

I actually received the same violation as of a few days ago, an d even posted a rant on how my neighbors, when they had found about the chickens had decided to complain to the town about them. These neighbors were due to move in 3 to 4 days.... I'm writing and email to the town supervisor in hope to maybe find a solution to this?

If possi
I actually received the same violation as of a few days ago, an d even posted a rant on how my neighbors, when they had found about the chickens had decided to complain to the town about them. These neighbors were due to move in 3 to 4 days.... I'm writing and email to the town supervisor in hope to maybe find a solution to this?
If possible contact me I’m Karin capellan from the change.org petition

Back
Top Bottom