Townline Poultry?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by rmh0508, Feb 21, 2012.

1. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    Hi everyone, my local feed store orders their chicks from Townline and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback as far as how healthy their chicks are. I talked to the lady at the feedstore and the chicks are $1.60 each for pullets, no minimum order and I can mix and match breeds. So I was thinking this sounded like a pretty good deal....

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Wow!! If you're getting pullets for that price, you should jump on it. Townline supplies many TSC and FFH stores here. I have always had great, healthy, hatchery quality stock from them.

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I buy their ISA Brown chicks. I fully recommend them. Best red sex-links I've ever had.

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

come on over and join the MI thread. There are people there that get orders from townline.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I live in Florida and have ordered from Townline Hatchery several times. I have never lost a chick from them yet. All have arrived very healthy. The Isa Browns I have gotten from them are the best layers I have ever had. Most of the eggs are jumbo. I highly recommend them.

6. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    Thanks for the replys all. I don't want to order a bunch because chicken math has already gotten the best of me lol. I was thinking maybe 10 EEs and 5-10 Isa Browns. When I sell eggs the people really seem to like the EE eggs just because they are different. Again thanks for the replies and that is where I will get my new chickies from. Oh crud now I am getting excited lol

7. WoodwardRooster

WoodwardRooster Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Ferndale
    I ordered their easter eggers and australorps last spring, and overall I'm pretty happy. The EE's took a few weeks longer to start laying, but of the 5 hens I average about 4 eggs a day. I'll post some pics of the birds when I get a chance The eggs range in color from olive green to light blue, and one of them lays a green/blue egg with brown specks. The australorps haven't been as great as I expected they would be. Huge birds, but of the 4 only 2 are daily layers of big, light brown eggs. All of the birds are very calm though. I'm going to give their barred rocks, buff orps and rhode islands a try this spring. Does anyone have any experience with their khaki campbells or rouens?

8. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I drive for Townline hatchery.We supply all Farm and Home stores, Rural King, and many Tractor Supply stores in the Midwest.TSC start the first week of march.Most chicks that go to Indiania are shipped out of South Bend postoffice. Business is booming.We have doubled since I started 4years ago.

9. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I'll be refreshing my ISA flock this spring and I'll just stop by a FF&H or TSC and pick them up. Not much sense in ordering and paying shipping. Even after all these years, I still get excited about brooding out a batch of chicks. Don't even know why. [​IMG]

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Got this year's order from Townline yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michigan to Florida. Shipped sixty three and sixty two lively chicks went into the brooder. Their ISA Browns have become the backbone of my flock.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by