Toys for ducks???

My ducks LOVEEEE mirrors of any kind, bells, cat toys with bells, and feathers hanging from them. Canadian worms from walmart ;) and I throw dried mealworms around for them to forage. Little cat balls, they will pick them up and throw them! There's a lettuce cage ball for chickens, they have that too. They really just love eating and searching in water for food. In the summer I like to put ice in their pool. They love to chase me around the pool, while they are in it and I'm on the outside. They are just hilarious lil quackers!

Our experience has been like the fellow posters. Most of the "toys" involve food. :) Minnows, earth worms, meal worms, cheerios, green stuffs and etc. We have used balls that drop food (cheerios) when turned and rolled right way. It was an interactive cat/dog toy. Also have some success with cat balls, bell balls and balls floating in their duck pools.

Good luck & enjoy your ducks.

PINOAK RIDGE
Call ducks in: Apricot Silver, Aztec Blue, Black, Blue, Blue Fawn, Buff, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Grey, Khaki, Pastel, Snowy, Silver & White.
Black East Indies, Miniature Silver Appleyards, Mallards and Silver Mallards.

Silkies: Black, Blue, Buff, Grey, Partridge & White
Bantam Cochins & Frizzles: Black, Blue, Silver, Mottled-Black & Blue, Millie Fluer (Calico) and White.

wee.gif
I don't know about any toys but minnows in the pool is lots of fun for both you and the ducks or a Little container full of mud with worms in it
Live minnows, where would I get these?

If you have creek or pond or river close by take a net an bucket. If not some buy feeder goldfish for their ducks. I just feed dried meal worms .
:thumbsup
I have a river/stream near me and my ducks go in it and catch them by them selves.
I also have a pond that I put minnow traps in it or I catch them with a net.
(Actually I have a older brother who has kids and they are the ones who catch them with the net most of the time :D )

I have large bird toys, some safe human infant jingle toys, and I got the strong very tightly woven next size from the smallest ribbon (NOT the Silk kind) as it shreds too easily and they can choke on the string but mine love the rainbow one I tied long an folded it In the middle tight so they can not get it off but they all go super crazy for it, I have three runners and three sweedish blues.

Back
Top Bottom