Track Identification

Quote:
I'm in Alabama. I sure hope it's not a wolf. We might get some attention around here if it is.

no idea. some park or something. saw a special on discovery or animal planet about a year ago. they had like 2 or 3 packs they were planning to release.

edit: National Parks: Horn Island, a part of Gulf Islands National Seashore 8 miles off the mainland of Mississippi, is serving as a site for captive rearing of red wolves, in cooperation with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. In 1991, red wolves were reintroduced into Great Smoky Mountains National Park but were relocated in 1998 due to insufficient food sources.

my mistake. it was a while ago, i knew it was something to do with miss. source: http://www.npca.org/wildlife_protection/wildlife_facts/redwolf.html

Last edited:
I don't know about were you are but here we have dogs traveling with Coyotes it is not uncommon to see a large or medium sized dog running around as part of the Coyote pack. I think its Because a lot of people suck and their dogs run away because they don't take good care of them. (Just my Opinion) but I've never had a pet run away

Quote:
when coyotes were first getting established in various parts of the country they would breed with dogs . I doubt your seeing dogs with coyotes the yotes here eat quite a few dogs I find more then a few each year on my trap line that and feral cats

Back
Top Bottom