Tractor supply chick days?

I was curious about this too, so I went browsing through my old gmail... It looks like they usually do it mid-August! Sign up for their emails, and they'll let you know a week or so before. The Fall chicks are usually more interesting!

My Tractor Supply (ok, three of them) have been hit and miss for the past several months+, most days completely out, and the majority of the remaining days were Pekin ducks only. When I was in this week, looked like they were winding down. The local Ace Hardware had two varieties of chicks, however, albeit more expensive.

Call ahead.

Covid19 apparently has a lot to do with it, as many local mom & pop farms shut their doors till the pandemic passed, and a number of schools apparently assigned chick raising projects when they sent the kids home, plus the usual panic "prepper" buys from the same people who purchase 20 gallons of water and all the bread when a hurricane might make landfall somewhere within 50 miles. Demand is way up, and alternative sources have largely dried up - or so I've heard at numerous stores, read on the websites of breeders, etc.

TSC's Facebook page shows Fall Chick Days starting around the last week in July or the first of August. Sorry I can't offer more help.

I was curious about this too, so I went browsing through my old gmail... It looks like they usually do it mid-August! Sign up for their emails, and they'll let you know a week or so before. The Fall chicks are usually more interesting!
Good idea I will! Sadly I called my local TSC and they said they won’t have any until February! Another one just has one breed. I’m looking for bantams 😀. A little less common. And if they they aren’t getting any till February. I doubt bantams will be laying well in February.

My Tractor Supply (ok, three of them) have been hit and miss for the past several months+, most days completely out, and the majority of the remaining days were Pekin ducks only. When I was in this week, looked like they were winding down. The local Ace Hardware had two varieties of chicks, however, albeit more expensive.

Call ahead.

Covid19 apparently has a lot to do with it, as many local mom & pop farms shut their doors till the pandemic passed, and a number of schools apparently assigned chick raising projects when they sent the kids home, plus the usual panic "prepper" buys from the same people who purchase 20 gallons of water and all the bread when a hurricane might make landfall somewhere within 50 miles. Demand is way up, and alternative sources have largely dried up - or so I've heard at numerous stores, read on the websites of breeders, etc.

TSC's Facebook page shows Fall Chick Days starting around the last week in July or the first of August. Sorry I can't offer more help.
Thanks! Makes me sad. But for the best lol. Really wanted a few more D’Uccle bantams.

Call ahead.

50 miles is a pretty legit brush with a hurricane.

Does tractor supply have chicks now? I don’t think they had them with Covid outbreak for a few months. Also anyone know when they do “fall chick days?”
If you cant get chicks from TSC, you can order them online from a reputable hatchery. They come in the mail, but you will have to go pick them up at the post office. The P.O. will call you the day they arrive, so be ready and watch your tracking like a hawk.

50 miles is a pretty legit brush with a hurricane.

Thanks Doc, I grew up in Florida and moved back recently. 50 miles is the difference between suffering a Cat 3 and flying a kite in a summer squall. Yes, i take reasonable preparations (honestly, I'm always ready, and we've had a lot of practice between the hurricanes and the fires we've lived thru), and follow the forecast tracks religiously, but not all hurricanes are the same, and not all preparations are "reasonable".

Not sure what natural disasters you routinely experience in the VA area, but I'm sure you have your share of experiences where my reaction to their unknowns may seem disproportionate to their risks, in your more experienced view.

Back
Top Bottom