Tractor Supply Chicken Pins? (Need Imfo Before Saturday)

WindStep

Songster
5 Years
Feb 27, 2014
Hello could any body help me decide on witch of these Tractor Supply Pins to pick because they all have some BAD revews and I was just wandering witch is the best. Also I would be keeping Silk Bantams in there so when you post can you say how many Silk Bantams that coop can hold? Also please post soon I'm getting a coop Saturday so if I have to save up I better be Making some plans. P.S. If you think none of these coops are exeptible please say so or tell me how to build a good coop.

In my price range... (130.00-)
1. ChickenWARE Chick-N-Rabbit Pen 2-4 Chickens ($99.99)
Not in my price range... (130.00+) (Need To Save Up?)
1. Advantek the Farm House Chicken Coop ($299.99)
2. Advantek Prairrie Home Chicken Coop 2-4 Chickens ($229.99)
3.Preeision Pet Product Hen House Chicken Coop 2-4 Chickens ($199.99)

Last edited:
I bought the $99 2 1/2 years ago to use as a separation area or hospital coop. It will only hold 3 chickens inside, or 4 banties. There is no room to move around, and the bottom is open to cold air since it has a wire floor with a droppings tray. The wood is cheap, made in China, and the wood has rotted, especially on the roof and sides. I keep it up on bricks off the dirt, but if you get it, I would keep it under roof, make a latch for the roof since it will blow open and damage the hinges and wood in a wind storm. I would probably spend the $100 and get some wood and wire, and make a better coop. It's not really big enough or weatherproof enough to keep chickens in.

@Eggcessive
What if I was Unable to build a coop? Is there any other place I could get some coops at that might be better?

Seriously, build or hire to build your own. If you can't build then find a low end carpenters helper that needs side work and pay him working wage not carpenters wage.

http://poultry.purinamills.com/NUTRITIONMANAGEMENT/HenHouseHutchDesign/

http://poultry.purinamills.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/web_content/ecmp2-0160674.pdf

The basic design is above. A layman can build it. Don't let them treat it like a build, it's a basic coop for cryin' out loud. If you can get a layman then pay them layman price to complete it. Design can be expanded. Stick to basic design. Laymen can be had for $15/hr still.

Hourly may get you trapped, set a price first.

For me if all material was present I'd construct a 8X4 in a day and tell you to shingle roof and stain. Pay me 200. Your material a bit less.

Ok I can build! MY DAD IS A Carpenter! He built me my other chicken coop to hold 20 chickens that I have, but he says if I want a chicken coop I have to buy it no more wasting wood on Chickens!

Last edited:
Ok I'm sorry for being rude please someone post.
Quote:

Last edited:
I also have the $99 one and it has barely held up for a year, and it is under roof. I would go on Craigslist and try to find a big wooden dog house, set it up on some cinder blocks, add a door and ventilation. My silkies always roosted on the floor of the coop so really no need to even have a roost.

Penny

AAAAHH my dad dreadfully said YES!!!!!!!!!
If I draw up a plan he will build it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does any one want to help me think up something???????
What about this?
40 inch in with 60 inch in lenth and 41 or 48 inch tall???????
Is that enof room to breed silkies? If so then I now need to draw what it will look like any sugestjuns?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom