Tractor Supply vs. order straight from hatchery

I didn't look at the date. I didn't realize this was an older thread. It popped up in my feed for some reason.

How well do chicks in the mail hold up? I bought 4 from a local farm this weekend and I'm thinking about buying more of the breeds I want.
I have never lost a chick from mail delivery. It will depend on your local post office with how fast they notify you as well as how fast you get there once they do.

I live within a mile of my post office and they do a great job of letting me know immediately. I also am able to go pick them up as soon as they notify me. The chicks have always been in excellent health when I pick them up. I always have my brooder ready for them as well.

How well do chicks in the mail hold up? I bought 4 from a local farm this weekend and I'm thinking about buying more of the breeds I want.

I ordered 16x day old chicks (10 different breeds) from Meyers last April for an August 28th hatch. They were shipped August 29th. And I received them on August 31st. Didn't lose any during shipping. I did lose one at 6 weeks, due to a deformity it was born with. But that had nothing to do with shipping, and everything to do with genetics. I'd definitely order through the mail again.

Back
Top Bottom