Trade Publications

RouttyChicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Carrollton, Va.
As a newcomer to this hobby i was wondering if anyone subscribes to any publications they find particularly useful and educational in regards to raising backyard chickens?

D.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

I get the Back Yard Poultry magazine, also Chickens magazine and just started to subscribe to Poultry World magazine. I really enjoy reading about anything chicken or poultry. Not only is it good to keep on top of new information, but as addicted to poultry that I am, when I am not on BYC, I need other material to fuel my addiction!
wink.png

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

I was thinking the same way. I was looking at ordering a 3 year subscription to Backyard Poultry unless feedback points me in another direction. I see there are several ones out there so with me being a beginner i will just start slow with one magazine subscription.

The Back Yard Poultry is the better mag of these that I listed. So if you are interested in one only, go with that one. :)

However, Chickens mag has a lot of beginner stuff in it as well as a lot of good ideas on building coops, nesting and health issues. So you might consider Chickens mag too. I am still on the fence with the Poultry World mag yet.

The Back Yard Poultry is the better mag of these that I listed. So if you are interested in one only, go with that one. :)

I just ordered a year subscription to Backyard Poultry. Found a promo code online so i got a year for $15.00 (regularly 21.00). I'll start off slow and maybe in the near future subscribe to another.
Here is the promo code if anyone wants to use it - FB144

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Some good magazine suggestions, you can also check e-bay etc, sometimes somebody will sell a lot of back issues.

Back
Top Bottom