tradeing like in the old days in NC

vet

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
bessemer city nc
I was talking to a friend the other day and he was asking why people here in NC or SC don't get together and do some trading like the old day. You could get what you wanted and not have to pay for them. Just trade for them. I know some of my elders use to get the chickens that way and save feed and money to. What do everyone think.I'm willing and I know a few more are willing to do do this.We can do it on this site . Well let me know. OK
Bill

Well,,,, I have chickens, but plan on keeping what I got and dont need anymore, so what are you wanting to get rid of and what are you looking for? To barter, you have to offerup something to trade.

I like your ideal, but i cant let my wife know about it or I wont have any of my stuff left:lol:

The only thing I don't like about the swaps is I don't know where they came from. The person could have a sick bird and not have the courtesy to tell it. That's where quarentining comes in I guess. I would like to have a swap of BYC peoples though
big_smile.png
That'd be fun. Right now all I have is chicks and such. I know someone who'd love to swap a bunch of her chickens though
big_smile.png

People do that around here all the time. Sometimes with rather valuable items, like 4 wheelers, boats, etc.

All we would have to do is tell evryone what you have to trade and what you are looking for. If each of us does this then we can letting the trade in begin. Now as far as for the sick chickens you always put the new ones by theselve until you are sure that theyare ok. I trust the people from this site and I wouldn't worr about tradeing with any of them.It is the outsiders you will have to watch for sick chickens.Let us know if and when you all want to start to do this tradeing thing.

Bill

Bill, I just looked on mapquest where Bessemer City is. And darn it, I wish our race course was southwest again! We went right through kings mountain many, many weekends last summer to train our homing pigeons. If I knew you were there, I could have went to see your chickens!
tongue.png

Well I'm looking for some welsummers or Americanas, dorkins.Dom's rooster I'm open.My Cuckoo Marans are here and laying.I have alot of Barrd Rocks.Silkies( Buff)I have a trio (rooster and 2 hens) SLW, pir of GLW. NHR.OEhensI have alot of almost grown chickens. Plus I have some splash Polish Chicks abd Black abd white Polish chicksSLW all most grown. GLW all most grown. What does everyone else have to trade.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom