Trader Joe Eggs. 9 of 11 viable!

bzbrown

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Twentynine Palms, California
We've got blood rings and veining happening in our TJ eggs! This is our second batch of TJ eggs, the first had 2 that quit a couple days ago. This is a whole new batch, and we're very excited. Also have 4 local BYC'er eggs in lock down!! All showed movement yesterday. Going to be busy around here!

lol.png
that is SO cool! I'm wanting to try some TJ's eggs with my next hatch. I'm on my first hatch, day 6. I broke down and candled 2 days ago just to see if I could see anything. Teeny Tiny little veins! YAY! Keep us updated because I have plans to raid the egg fridge at TJ's when I clean out my bator!

Trader Joe's is a store that sells all kinds of different foods and stuff. We have a few here. I've never been, but I really want to go. My aunt always gets me their flaxseed tortilla chips that I just love!! My understanding is they sell alot of organic, natural and gluten free type stuff - I could be wrong. However, the eggs they sell are also apparently sometimes fertile!

If you have a local "natural food store" they may sell fertile eggs. Many people will buy them and incubate.
Even fertile eggs that have been refrigerated will hatch, though the hatch rate will be a bit lower. Bring the eggs to room temp
for a day before you put into the bator.

Wait a second......so you just bought some eggs from Trader Joes (the kind you eat) and they work for an incubator!!??!?!
ep.gif
This sounds way cheaper than ordering from some hatchery. I would like to hear more from this, so they were the typical Trader Joes eggs in the fridge isle right? Did they say Fertile on the box, or what breed? how do they work if they are refridgerated? this is all so interesting, details! details!
pop.gif

Quote:
They have a variety of eggs. These were marked fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom