trader joe's fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by zoomerz2222, Jan 12, 2010.

1. zoomerz2222

zoomerz2222 New Egg

Jan 12, 2010
    seen some post off people hatching the trader joes fertile eggs on here. Went to 2 traders joes stores today, niether have the fertile eggs her in chicago suburbs. anyone a traders joe store that sells fertile eggs in the chicago burbs.

thanks in advance

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I don't know since I live in Florida, you might want to call the stores and see. Why Trader Joe's eggs? Breeds?

3. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    You might find someone around your neck of the woods that sells fertile eggs. Might be an option.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:I went there trying to get some and they didn't have any. We went to the one in Arlington Heights I think, IDR. Good luck! If you find them let me know!

5. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Trader Joes varies what they have available, and not all of them will carry the same things.

I got fertile eggs from the refrigerator at the local organic co-op. You might try calling around, see if any of the health food stores have fertile eggs.

6. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    I wouldn't mind sending you 4 dozen eggs for $20 + shipping;
    most the time, I only charge enough to get the right shipping boxes and packing and what not lol

What does trader joe's sell anyways for eggs???

7. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    I hatched a fertile egg from my local Safeway Grocery store a few years ago. You might have luck with fertile eggs from any store as long as they are relatively fresh.

8. protodon

protodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Nottingham,PA
    I think all the original posts about hatching from trader joe's fertile eggs came from CA. I had no luck finding a trader joe's that carries fertile eggs in my area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by