Trading Duck Eggs For Goats Milk

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pirtykitty, Mar 13, 2011.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Songster

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Theres a lady in my church that has Goats.. and knew I'd been wanting to try goats milk... Today she told me that she had 6 baby goats and would have goats milk again.. she also noticed I had brought duck eggs to give away.. she suggested duck eggs for goats milk.. I gave her a dozen duck eggs and asked when she had goats milk to bring me some etc..

I was wondering how many dozen is fair trade???? Thank you.
    I can't wait till next sunday to find out how many more baby goats have arrived. LOL
    oh and how long does fresh goats milk stay fresh..
    I drank it as a baby but don't remember...

2. willowtreecreek

willowtreecreek In the Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Arkansas
    I have seen duck eggs for $9 - 12 per dozen and goats milk for $10 - 15 per gallon. I think a dozen eggs for a gallon of milk is a fair trade.

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    OMG....You are so lucky. I would love for someone to give me a deal like that. I grew up on a farm and had fresh cow milk each day and fresh butter...well when I started school and they would serve milk with lunch I would always...well repeat it if you know what I mean...the teachers told my Granmother I was lactose intollerant..she laughed and said no I wasn't I drank fresh milk and to this day...if I drink regular homogenized milk I will get sick unless I mask it with lots of Strawberry quick or something..and I am 40ish... lol

4. Quacking

Quacking In the Brooder

Oct 23, 2010
    Bartering for goods, or swapping in this case, what a wonderful idea. I wish their were more people in my area that would see it as a good idea. I always have plenty of extra vegetables from the garden and duck eggs I could swap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: