Traditional Serama

Oh you have to go. Its like the super bowl of serama's
celebrate.gif

Quote:

Quote:
So...the only difference between American and Traditional is color and weight??? That's how I'm reading this explanation.

Thanks. I thought I must be missing something.

Quote:

Is it the same time frame every year? Definitely can't do this year but next year is a possibility with enough time to plan.

One more day to LOCKDOWN!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Then hopefully I can post pics of my seramas (peeps).

Saw the MAGIC word...FUZZY-BUTTS~~~~
woot.gif
I'm ready............
pop.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Quote:

Is it the same time frame every year? Definitely can't do this year but next year is a possibility with enough time to plan.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
yes
smile.png
congrats. and wishing you the best hatch.
Quote:

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

If you look at the traditional serama it can have blue/green colored legs.

When I first joined the SCNA most people were just giving away or culling any of their birds with"off colored legs" even tho the bird had great type. Now I feel like they have a place to shine....
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Jerry for clearing it up! I just wanted some explanation for those who are New to the breed. I yours was perfect in explaining what is desired in the Traditional bird vs the Cooped judged American bird.

So...the only difference between American and Traditional is color and weight??? That's how I'm reading this explanation.

Correct and method of showing, the American Serama is bred cookie cutter style for ABA incage type shows, teh Traditional is for Table Top showing at serama stand alone events, like the Cajun Classic

Quote:

Correct and method of showing, the American Serama is bred cookie cutter style for ABA incage type shows, teh Traditional is for Table Top showing at serama stand alone events, like the Cajun Classic

They will never be ABA/APA recognized. But the american serama if noticed is being pushed by ABA members.
sad.png
I have never joined the aba.

Well its a shame that the APA is being so small minded about the seramas.....they are so unique that turning them into "production colored" birdies would just kill the uniqueness of them.

Like Forrest Gump's mum said: Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what yer gonna get".
thumbsup.gif
D.gif

I LOVE THEM SERAMAS!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom