Train chicken to be tame and stay in pen

I don't care if you think the falconer I talked to is wrong. He has been training raptors for over 30 years in North America and Asia so he has more experience then you.

Anyways I'm not forming a "partnership" with my roosters lmao. Cock fighters do that, exercise their birds daily and measure caloric intake. I just want my roosters to go back into their pens at night instead of roosting in the trees like they used to!! Now I do that by not feeding them until they go into their pens. Its not that complicated lol.

Food doesn't work as positive reinforcement unless the animal is HUNGRY.

anyways, my roosters are now hand-tame and nicely go back to their own pens by themselves every evening. all i have to do is close the door behind them.

come back when you are an actual falconer and not just someone who read about falconry on the internet.

Not going to get involved in the falconry debate, but Food does work as a positive reinforcement at my house. It doesn't matter if the dog is hungry or not, he WILL eat his positive reinforcement treat.

Not going to get involved in the falconry debate, but Food does work as a positive reinforcement at my house. It doesn't matter if the dog is hungry or not, he WILL eat his positive reinforcement treat.
Roosters ONLY care about survival, mating, and eating, in that order. If there are hens running around the yard, they would rather chase the hens then eat a bowl of food. Put a female dog in heat next to a dog treat. Which one does your dog preffer?

Ehhh.... some of my males care more about food than mating. They're the ones waiting by the door usually when they see someone come downstairs
Mine don't. If I give them treats, they pick it up and offer it to the hens. They have to really be STARVING to eat the treat themselves.

Roosters still have feelings and distinct personalities, instinct doesn't get rid of those. Humans have the same instincts because we're also animals. Does that mean we don't have feelings? No, obviously not. Yeah, roosters eat and mate for survival, but they aren't machines. My rooster follows me around everywhere, not because he wants food, but because he wants my attention. He wants to play and cuddle. If he only cared about food and sex, he would only come to me looking for food. Instead, he comes looking for pets and cuddles.

Roosters still have feelings and distinct personalities, instinct doesn't get rid of those. Humans have the same instincts because we're also animals. Does that mean we don't have feelings? No, obviously not. Yeah, roosters eat and mate for survival, but they aren't machines. My rooster follows me around everywhere, not because he wants food, but because he wants my attention. He wants to play and cuddle. If he only cared about food and sex, he would only come to me looking for food. Instead, he comes looking for pets and cuddles.
No offense but you are anthropomorphizing. Chicken brains do not have frontal cortexes and they don't crave attention the way people do.

Mine have learned if they don't eat first, the hens will take everything.
My roosters are asils. They are more gentlemanly than your average barnyard roo. Frankly I would never keep a rooster that competes with the hens for food.

Back
Top Bottom