Trained chickens. . .video

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Many of you are familiar with my friendly hens. They like to swim, go crazy for table scraps, and now, I wanted to share something else with you. I've told you before how sweet and friendly my Buff Orpington's are. But did you know that they also obey me? I have a video clip of them "Coming On Command", and going into the chicken run on command. They are so fun!

If you enjoy my blog, please feel free to sign up to "follow by email" and I'll send you an email each time I have a new post.

The ladies envite you to come watch them "Come On Command".
    Be sure to come back here and let me know what you think. I'll relay any and all comments to the Henny Penny's. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~Kelly~
    My Country Chronicles Blog

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I love the video and your blog! Thank you for sharing!

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    How sweet!!

4. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Aw! Cute! Mine come too when you call them, but not with as much spunk as those girls! I have a rooster who knows his name. The others know "chicken!" and the sound of the feed bucket. I filmed it a few days ago. I oughta upload it to youtube.

5. Keltara

Quote:Thanks Tanya. I'm glad you came to visit us. Please feel free to come back any time.

6. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Love it!! Beautiful Buffs!!

For the chicks still in our brooder room we will take them out for day trips. They get outside on the grass in their own tractor. We've taught two groups of chicks -- 2 Sumatras, 1 EE, 1 Pyncheon bantam and 3 lav Orps to go into the "Chicken Train" on command.

It's a large cat carrying case. I place it in their brooder, open the door and either they go in by themselves or I just just line them up and they go in. I swear chickens are easier to train than dogs!

7. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    I saw the video Keltara. It's great. You have lovely girls, human and chicken.

8. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Love all your posts, girls and chickens... Awesome family all round...oh and they are some fast chickens you got there! Love it!

9. Keltara

Quote:Thank you!

10. Keltara

Quote:You should post it on you tube. If you do, please pm me with the link. I'd love to see it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by