Training a Coturnix Quail.....

Quote:
in my small bit of excperience (have only tamed 16 buttons working on 10 more atm)
it seems to me that the male buttons are much more difficult to tame then the females while my females will happily run to me for treats if ive been gone for a day or two my males will back off and i have to gain there trust all over again.
also what else ive noticed is my larger famales who also happen to be my normal blue and red breasted females were tamed much much faster and were much more comfortable with me early on while the cinnamons took the longest even as small chicks they would move away from me for the first week or two and would protest. which also seems to be the case with this new batch of 10 chicks i have the normals have already warmed up to me at one week old while the cinnamons seem much more skittish even though i have been working with all of them from day one. theres one normal who is as skittish as the cinnys so im going to keep an eye on it to see if it turns out to be a male.

of coase these are button uail and this thread was about tameing coturnix quail
AND each genetic line of birds is going to be differant jsut becuase my males and cinnaons are more nervous doesnt mean that another line will be the same it could be completly opposite for someone else genetic line of birds

Quote:
in my small bit of excperience (have only tamed 16 buttons working on 10 more atm)
it seems to me that the male buttons are much more difficult to tame then the females while my females will happily run to me for treats if ive been gone for a day or two my males will back off and i have to gain there trust all over again.
also what else ive noticed is my larger famales who also happen to be my normal blue and red breasted females were tamed much much faster and were much more comfortable with me early on while the cinnamons took the longest even as small chicks they would move away from me for the first week or two and would protest. which also seems to be the case with this new batch of 10 chicks i have the normals have already warmed up to me at one week old while the cinnamons seem much more skittish even though i have been working with all of them from day one. theres one normal who is as skittish as the cinnys so im going to keep an eye on it to see if it turns out to be a male.

of coase these are button uail and this thread was about tameing coturnix quail
AND each genetic line of birds is going to be differant jsut becuase my males and cinnaons are more nervous doesnt mean that another line will be the same it could be completly opposite for someone else genetic line of birds

I think that pattern is quite interesting. I wonder if it will apply to other strains? If anyone else has cinnamon and/or blue and red breasted quails, it would be interesting to note if you get the same response. You shall have to let us know if that one skittish normal turns out to be a male
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom