Training where to lay

Okay. So we just had our first egg from my July girls today. I don't know if this is an across the board thing, but she was acting weird. She has had a red comb/wattles for a few weeks now but today? Today was a totally weird day. It started with her jumping on the coop, trying to crawl under a folded lawn chair, whining for a couple hours non stop and just generally going all over the place yelling for a couple hours. I watched her for a bit then she popped in the nest box...so then our Blue EE started an egg song ( a terrible, terrible egg song, the neighbors are going to be mad!) and she popped out. Repeat x 4. So then I locked them all in. Two hours later we had an egg! So I don't know if you should watch for the whole group to become bonkers or not, but it worked for me? We have some plywood nest boxes that I can move around and moving them seemed to attract attention and she ended up hopping in one (destined to be the one they all want to use, of course), once I moved it to a new spot. I don't know if any of that is helpful at all, but I hope it does.

I don't know how I missed this! 😂
haha no worries! I liked your story anyway

one of my girls was laying in some ivy & I didnt know until...
20210107_180825.jpg

Back
Top Bottom