Translucent egg white in quail?

I am very grateful for all the replies! Did not expect to get so much attention on my first post.

The quail are coturnix; two of them pharaoh, one brown-and-white, and the roo is italian.

As requested, here are the pictures of the raw egg of the hen in question.

I also upload the picture of the hen. She seems to be molting at the moment, but otherwise her behavior is consistent with the other hens. She is laying daily and shows great appetite, especially for boiled chicken eggs, mealworms and spinach. The only problem I had with her is that after about a week with me, she got pecked by the other quail, had some feathers plucked on her wing and had some blood on her nose - but a bit of disinfectant and a few days in isolation have solved it, and now they seem very friendly whenever I observe. She is also very reluctant with the roo and flees him whenever he tries to mate her.

Environment: they live in a coop outside, approx 1m above the ground. They have hiding places, straw, a preferred egg-laying nest where two of the females periodically sit (the hen with weird eggs included), and a sand bath. Their diet is mainly 17% protein quail crumble (the UK market for this is sad) + side oyster shell, but I supplement them with daily boiled eggs, some vegetables, sometimes treats like mealworms and watermelon.

Any ideas with what I can do about her eggs will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6315.jpeg
    IMG_6315.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6316.jpeg
    IMG_6316.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5936.jpeg
    IMG_5936.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 9
I am very grateful for all the replies! Did not expect to get so much attention on my first post.

The quail are coturnix; two of them pharaoh, one brown-and-white, and the roo is italian.

As requested, here are the pictures of the raw egg of the hen in question.

I also upload the picture of the hen. She seems to be molting at the moment, but otherwise her behavior is consistent with the other hens. She is laying daily and shows great appetite, especially for boiled chicken eggs, mealworms and spinach. The only problem I had with her is that after about a week with me, she got pecked by the other quail, had some feathers plucked on her wing and had some blood on her nose - but a bit of disinfectant and a few days in isolation have solved it, and now they seem very friendly whenever I observe. She is also very reluctant with the roo and flees him whenever he tries to mate her.

Environment: they live in a coop outside, approx 1m above the ground. They have hiding places, straw, a preferred egg-laying nest where two of the females periodically sit (the hen with weird eggs included), and a sand bath. Their diet is mainly 17% protein quail crumble (the UK market for this is sad) + side oyster shell, but I supplement them with daily boiled eggs, some vegetables, sometimes treats like mealworms and watermelon.

Any ideas with what I can do about her eggs will be appreciated!
Beautiful birds! ❤️ They look healthy. That open egg looks good too.

Back
Top Bottom