Transporting ducks across state lines...

Nope, unless your crossing into Mexico or etc then you might have a problem
smile.png
!

Not that I know of. I've had people in Mass and NH buy from me and there aren't any regulations or rules that I know of.
I think you might be the one who Is getting 4 welsh Harlequin female ducklings from me? I've been emailing someone and it sounds like it might be you!

Yep, this is us. We're just awaiting one more letter of non-objection from a neighbour before we go in front of the board of health. I think they might be away though as I haven't seen them around all week.

Nice! I have been meaning to email you back. I think I'll do that right now!
What a pain to have to go through all of that just to get a few pet ducks!
Hopefully they won't mind the noise. The females can get noisy when they are exited!

Actually, I've been meaning to ask you a question.

I know that duck eggs incubate for 28 days but is it precise enough to plan the arrival? Could you plan for the ducklings to hatch on a Friday so that we can pick them up on a Saturday or Sunday?

I've never tried that. Generally, it takes them 28 days, but sometimes you get early hatchers and sometimes you get later ones. Plus, I like to keep them for 2-3 days once they hatch just to be sure they dry properly, and to be sure they are healthy and ready to go. Sometimes you get one that hatches funny and has a gimpy leg, or a crooked neck. Out of 60 ducklings last year, I only ended up with 2 like that. But I want to be sure I don't send any like that home with you!
They don't grow too much in the first week, so even if they hatch on a Monday and you can't pick them up until Saturday, you won't be missing anything! And I have no problem hanging onto them until you can come get them
smile.png

Quote:
Did you know in Minnesota it's illegal to cross the border with a duck or chicken atop your head?

Still something I have to try..
lol.png

Quote:
Did you know in Minnesota it's illegal to cross the border with a duck or chicken atop your head?

Still something I have to try..
lol.png

One of my friends wanted to borrow a duck and try it
ep.gif
. I said No
big_smile.png

I dont know that there is a law against it but i know that when i go the the livestock auction in NY and buy anything, they stamp my reciept that all animals that cross NY's boarder into Mass are the buyers responsibility to meet all health requirements by mass.

Back
Top Bottom