Trapping Foxes

And make sure that whatever you do is legal where you live! It is hard to live trap foxes, although @cmom has had success, at least once. She set the live trap with bait for some days, so the fox could get the food. then, she set it up to trap him.
Relocating a chicken killing fox is a terrible idea! You need to kill it if it's caught. Again, what's legal where you live?
Mary

Relocating a chicken killing fox is a terrible idea!
Mary
I always promote relocation as an option. Many people are misinformed about "leg hold traps". I've seen numerous people suggest that it cripples and maims the animal, leaving death as the only option.

Due to this misinformation, legislation and lobbyists could make it impossible to purchase, own or use of these traps. So always advocate the possibility of relocation. Even if your intentions are to dispatch the animal. Just a suggestion

Last edited:
Leg hold traps and snares in the hands of a novice sounds like a recipe for disaster. Stick with the live trap and take your time. Once it's in the trap you can drown it, shoot it or take it for a ride.

And make sure that whatever you do is legal where you live! It is hard to live trap foxes, although @cmom has had success, at least once. She set the live trap with bait for some days, so the fox could get the food. then, she set it up to trap him.
Relocating a chicken killing fox is a terrible idea! You need to kill it if it's caught. Again, what's legal where you live?
Mary
This is correct. I have successfully trapped with both leg traps and live traps. I only have trapped if a fox has killed some of my birds. I see fox regularly. I have several cameras and see them roaming nightly here. We are rural on a dead end road and have been the recipients of others releases. In many places it's illegal (here too) to catch and release but many people do it. This one wasn't a bad find and I'm glad I found it before a predator did but it was dropped off. Peobably because I have chickens. I did find a good home for it. Good luck...
Gosling.JPG

Back
Top Bottom