Traveling gossling

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
Hello BYC! So I have a single goose egg in my incubator with eight call duck eggs. It’s been incubating for a while and is doing great, but I just found out we have a trip planned and we’re leaving the day It’s supposed to hatch. I’m not sure what to do because the call eggs aren’t due for another week so I can’t bring the incubator with me. I thought that maybe after lockdown and it’s started to zip I could try to hold it in the car well it hatches. My car has an outlet in it so once it hatches and gets dried off, we could plug a heat lamp in and bring a box. But we’re going up in the mountains with high altitude and since the chick would have just started to breathe, would that be hard on it? I’m really worried and really want this chick to hatch and do well.

Help would be very very much appreciated!

It needs to be in the incubator while hatching. It will be far too dry just in your hands
But she's leaving for vacation so it'll be left in the incubator to starve and die. I say your best bet is to bring the heating lamp with you and try to keep the eggs as warm it's supposed to be. Or you can try to bring the incubator with you with all the eggs. Don't forget the duck needs to eat.

But she's leaving for vacation so it'll be left in the incubator to starve and die. I say your best bet is to bring the heating lamp with you and try to keep the eggs as warm it's supposed to be. Or you can try to bring the incubator with you with all the eggs. Don't forget the duck needs to eat.
Warmth isn't the only issue. If it's too dry, it will be stuck inside the shell and unable to actually hatch.

It will probably survive I guess but it will make a mess. Anyway, I hope you figure it out. You did say you have a plug in the car so you can probably hook it up in the car and leave the incubator in your vacation place.

And do not leave it in the incubator at home it can only survive a day without water. I say you bring a heating lamp and a mister in your car and leave the egg in a cushioned container that you can leave on your lap.

Back
Top Bottom