Treating chicken with canker with ACRIFLAVINE (Tricho Drops)

crissy1079

Songster
8 Years
Oct 8, 2015
So my rooster has canker in his throat area so much is hard for him to eat and drink. Also another has a canker on the inside of her mouth. So far she is acting fine otherwise but my rooster is very weak. I cant find fish zole where I live in Austria so I found these drops for pigeons that’s suppose to prevent canker not sure if it treats it it’s ACRIFLAVINE. Anyone have experience with this they are called over here Tricho Drops I’ve also seen them called yellow drops on other sites.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 41
I know nothing but learn by researching BYC. What I came up with was a very informational thread covering your questions, I believe. It's from 2014, but other threads I read were not this good. If you want to search for others, in search type "canker" and you'll get lists of them, but hopefully this thread helps.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...e-help-me-know-what-to-do-to-treat-it.874579/
Thanks for replying. I’ve been searching also can’t find any info about these drops. I’m getting my mom to ship me some powder medicines from the USA hopefully they work

Unfortunately once canker or trich is in your flock, the whole flock may be at risk. Disinfect your feeders and waterers, and prevent pigeons or wild birds from using feeders/waterers. Some drugs such as metronidazole, ronidazole, and others have been used to treat, but none are approved for poultry. Do not eat their eggs. Personally, I would cull birds with canker to control it. Some use acidified copper sulfate 1/4 tsp for 3 days each month as a preventative.

Unfortunately once canker or trich is in your flock, the whole flock may be at risk. Disinfect your feeders and waterers, and prevent pigeons or wild birds from using feeders/waterers. Some drugs such as metronidazole, ronidazole, and others have been used to treat, but none are approved for poultry. Do not eat their eggs. Personally, I would cull birds with canker to control it. Some use acidified copper sulfate 1/4 tsp for 3 days each month as a preventative.
Thanks for reply but these are my pets so I treat them.

Back
Top Bottom