Treating Coryza

davony's chicks

Songster
10 Years
May 30, 2009
Missouri
Ok I know there are different schools of thought on the treating of poultry with anitbiotics... So this isn't about that.

I bought several birds this past weekend at a show and believe they have Coryza. The terrible stinch around their head is the main reason I believe this but also they have pussy bubbles in the corners of their eyes and nasal discharge. Don't know why I didn't notice this at the the sale but I didn't....

Anyway I have them in a seperate coop away from my main coop. I read somewhere to treat with tylan but my local farm and home doesn't carry it but someone said to use LA200 which is oxytetracyclene. I bought the LA200 and the article said to inject 1cc into the breast. I can't seem to find out how many doses.

Does anyone know how many doses and how often???

Thank you,
Tony

Ok I know there are different schools of thought on the treating of poultry with anitbiotics... So this isn't about that.

I bought several birds this past weekend at a show and believe they have Coryza. The terrible stinch around their head is the main reason I believe this but also they have pussy bubbles in the corners of their eyes and nasal discharge. Don't know why I didn't notice this at the the sale but I didn't....

Anyway I have them in a seperate coop away from my main coop. I read somewhere to treat with tylan but my local farm and home doesn't carry it but someone said to use LA200 which is oxytetracyclene. I bought the LA200 and the article said to inject 1cc into the breast. I can't seem to find out how many doses.

Does anyone know how many doses and how often???

Thank you,
Tony
I don't have an offical answer for you, but my vet told me that one should use antibiotics at least a couple of days after the infection has cleared up. This site might be helpful: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart

Thank you both for your help! I have checked both sites out and they have great information. I have saved these in my favorites!

Again thanks a million! I have done several searches on the topic and failed to find either of these 2 sites.

Back
Top Bottom