Treatment for wry neck

calcifer

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 29, 2015
Hello I have a six week old bantam cochin that I believe has wryneck or was injured by other bigger grow outs stepping on him? He was fine until a week or so ago and now seems to not be able to look up. His chin is up against his chest😓 He is still eating/drinking and other then his neck and maybe balance he seems active. Can I treat with nutri-drench? If so what is the dosage? I know it says to mix with water or for rapid to put one ml per 3 lbs into the mouth? Everday or?

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_175239.jpg
    IMG_20220614_175239.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 16
The vitamins E is more important, and I would use 400 IU daily given orally. Nutridrench is okay 1 ml daily for 5 days or less, because it can cause diarrhea. But it doesn‘t have enough vitamin E. If you can also give it a little scrambled egg each day for selenium that would be great. It also has some thiamine. Wry neck (torticolis) can be caused by head injury, vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, and is seen in older birds with certain diseases, such as Mareks.

The vitamins E is more important, and I would use 400 IU daily given orally. Nutridrench is okay 1 ml daily for 5 days or less, because it can cause diarrhea. But it doesn‘t have enough vitamin E. If you can also give it a little scrambled egg each day for selenium that would be great. It also has some thiamine. Wry neck (torticolis) can be caused by head injury, vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, and is seen in older birds with certain diseases, such as Mareks.
I'll try vitamin e. should I stop at day 5 and how soon will I see a difference? If it is fixed should a not breed him?

Back
Top Bottom