treats for 10 day old chicks?

Ours went wild at 10 days old for baby crickets from the pet store.

If you're adverse to feeding scrambled or hard-boiled eggs you might try cut up berries, or seedless grapes.

I use only the egg white of the hard boiled egg. I know it is silly, but the chick comes from the yolk and the whites provide nutrition so if you are giving them the whites you are giving them what they already know to eat. It is not canibalistic to give them just the egg white. I see nothing wrong with that.

That was my compromise and my chicks LOVE the chopped up egg whites. They also like the yogurt, when they are not stepping in it.

My dogs get the boiled yolk.

Quote:
I love this reasoning! Thanks, they will get egg whites tomorrow. Today they got a little bread and they loved it. They took it right from my hand and ran from each other flapping and peeping. So much fun...

Quote:
Actually the chick develops from the blastodisc on the surface of the yolk and the yolk nourishes the chick during it's development. The white is the fluid the chick floats around in sort of like amniotic fluid. So if you are using that reasoning you should feed the yolk not the white.
I just scramble up whole eggs and the chicks love them!

Be careful when feeding bread ~ it is not very nutritional for them. Make sure you give them access to grit once you start feeding treats!

Quote:
Actually the chick develops from the blastodisc on the surface of the yolk and the yolk nourishes the chick during it's development. The white is the fluid the chick floats around in sort of like amniotic fluid. So if you are using that reasoning you should feed the yolk not the white.
I just scramble up whole eggs and the chicks love them!

Be careful when feeding bread ~ it is not very nutritional for them. Make sure you give them access to grit once you start feeding treats!

lau.gif

okay they get the whole egg

yeah I felt guilty feeding them the white bread that I don't even feed my kids but it was here and I thought I'd try it
so no danger of that happening very often around here! Guess it's time to make a trip to TSC for some grit though!

Back
Top Bottom