Treats for Chickens

I know some people object to this, but I like to give mine a little fish-based wet cat food in the winter as a treat and some extra protein.
The only objection I have is the local cats also want the wet cat food lol I have a girl that is in the middle of molting so I feed mine wet (salmon)cat food

Hello all. What are some good treats for chickens besides their normal feed? Mine love unsalted sunflower seeds but they can be hard to find. I also give them mealworms sometimes. I've been tomatoes, bananas and romaine, but they don't seem as excited for those. I feel bad when they only get regular feed for the day. I want to spruce their diet up more so they are happy.
My flocks favourite treats are wormies, scambled eggs, watermelon, blueberries, oatmeal, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, sqaush.

Hello all. What are some good treats for chickens besides their normal feed? Mine love unsalted sunflower seeds but they can be hard to find. I also give them mealworms sometimes. I've been tomatoes, bananas and romaine, but they don't seem as excited for those. I feel bad when they only get regular feed for the day. I want to spruce their diet up more so they are happy.
Some of my chickens’ favorites are:
Meal worms
Sunflower seeds
Tomatoes
Dandelion greens

I make my girls a baked potato with high protein soft dog food their egg shells some red pepper flakes top it with plain Greek yogurt and grub terra black soldier fly warms they always try and knock it out of my hand lol I only give them a treat once a week lol

Back
Top Bottom