Treats for chickens

Now, now.  If you wouldn't slurp down a raw live shake head first while it is still wiggling like it was spaghetti, or eat a mouse like you would a raw oyster, then perhaps chickens are not your cup of tea.

Chickens will eat all these things and many more wee critters like they are good.  And if you happen to be a chicken they are good, they truly are.  

I was thinking the same! I adore my birds. They're pets. But I also would not eat any byproducts from my family members or let my family run around pooping all over the yard or ever imagine my family eating worms and insects. It makes me giggle when people literally hold their livestock/poultry to the standards of their family. It just makes me lol!!!

I was thinking the same! I adore my birds. They're pets. But I also would not eat any byproducts from my family members or let my family run around pooping all over the yard or ever imagine my family eating worms and insects. It makes me giggle when people literally hold their livestock/poultry to the standards of their family. It just makes me lol!!!
Yes, you're right. I do not hold my chicken food to the same standards as the food I feed my family. Aside from the obvious: bugs, rocks, etc... I won't feed them anything that's doesn't look good to me. I'll compost my food that's gone bad.

Back
Top Bottom