"Treats" that your birds don't like

I have tons of homegrown tomatoes so today I tossed in a slice of tomato. At first they didn't want it, but when I came back around an hour later, it was moved and appeared picked at. I came back another hour later and there was no sign of it. So I guess they like those! Good thing because I don't eat em!

So I've tried a couple different treats over the past few days. Chunk light tuna, grapes, banana, and even some chicken treat cakes from tractor supply.

They seemed skeptical of the tuna, but they did eat it, although not in a hurry. They took a couple bites of a banana slice and then wanted nothing to do with it. The treat cake was mealworm and corn flavor and they would eat it if I broke it up, but not on their own. They seemed to really like the grapes. They ate them in a hurry.

Bread is still number one though, lol. I think maybe I've got a couple vegetarians hahaha!

My older girls eat blackberries but the younger ones were turning their noses up. Later they realised the older hens were eating a lot of the blackberries so they decided to give them a try. Yes, they now all love blackberries. They also love cherry tomatoes, cat food, meat - any especially left over charcuterie and adore grated cheese.

I love giving them some grapes, watching them chasing after each slowly rolled grape.

Mine do not like peppers for some reason even if I cut it into small pieces. Kale and Cabbage are another thing they won't touch either.

Any type of melon I smash on the ground, they go crazy for. Most squash if I cut it in half they'll devour in no time.

Back
Top Bottom