Tree sap gathering and syrup making

Pics
I got another 20 or so trees tapped this morning. It’s only 12 degrees, so my fingers are frozen. I can’t connect taps with gloves on. I had to breath on the end of the tubing to get it flexible enough to slide over the taps.

As cold as it is I had a half a dozen trees flowing as soon as I tapped them. Not fast but flowing all the same. The sun is bright, so the radiant heat must be working. I still have another 30-40 to go. Tomorrow they should go easy it will be in the 40’s.

Now I have to go get yelled at by the physical therapist. They want me to work my shoulder, but they don’t want me doing real work.

What’s a guy to do?

Well, the WW has ruined another project for me. She scheduled rehabit on my shoulder for today. Which means I didn’t get to tap all day.

Now I find out she scheduled a Dentist appointment for tomorrow at 10:30. Cause that’s not the middle of the work day!

Arrrrg

oh and she told the therapist I was tapping trees... witches!!!

Well, the WW has ruined another project for me. She scheduled rehabit on my shoulder for today. Which means I didn’t get to tap all day.

Now I find out she scheduled a Dentist appointment for tomorrow at 10:30. Cause that’s not the middle of the work day!

Arrrrg

oh and she told the therapist I was tapping trees... witches!!!
Truly evil they are...:oops:

It was like summer today! Over 40 degrees.

However, my trees are not really running. I think we have too much snow cover right now.

I have noticed the trees seem to run the best when their is barely any snow left. That’s going to be a while.

I check a half dozen trees is all. I also tapped a few more, but today was clean up and set up day. I have barrels and totes washed and set up.

I would like to move my stove, but if I don’t it’s not a big deal. It would take less than an hour to move with help, once the snow is gone. I have time because I will have a day or two running the RO before I start boiling.

Back
Top Bottom