Triangle Coop & Run Idea

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
Have any of you guys had any experience making a coop on the larger scale, that is shaped like a triangle? like the picture below...

ozark.jpg

We're pretty much going to deem the coop unuseable on the farm, and saw a triangle house on the way back to Bowmanville today... what do you guys think? We love the idea, it'd have low side walls, then a triangle build off that hopefully.. and it'd be on 2' stilts as to not upset local building regulation people. Anyway, we were thinking up building a triangle hen house, with a triangle run off it.

Thoughts? Anything?

What a neat idea~~ I thought of doing one of those small geodesic domes for some of my silkies, but this looks like a very interesting way as well!!

Good Luck! I'd love to see it when you get it done!
big_smile.png

We are almost finished with a triangle coop and run. We got the plans off of www.self-sufficient-life.com. They were $7 and automatically downloaded onto our computer. Although, some of the directions were a bit confusing at times, we did finally figure it out.

We should have it put together tomorrow, so I can take a few pics to show you. We just finished painting today, so tomorrow is the big day! Finally!
tongue.png

~Caran

This would be perfect for us.. we are using a wooden swingset as the frame. thanks! Pretty much what we had planned.

(Also considering using our shed as well.. with ducks and 2 different ages of chickens, seems we will need more than one coop. Hubby is NOT happy. Wants me to get rid of the ducks.
sad.png
I hope that I win that argument.

Ohhh fantastic! ... ours is going to be bigger than yours chilisweet, we're planning on the chickens liveable space being about 8'x10' so it's going to be fairly massive, and we're building knee walls to use as built-in storage space in the human part of the coop, and nest boxes in the chicken part of the coop. We've decided to use the existing coop on our farm for the meatbirds next year, because it's not long term liveable, but it'd be great for meatbirds, and it's away from the regular chickens then. We'd decided to put the regular layers/chickens by the house, because we saw a fisher cat on the way up the road last night, skulking in the bushes at the side of the road. eek!

Back
Top Bottom