I need adivce. My chickens just started laying this week. YAY! I have 4 beautiful girls and I am new at this, and so excited. The eggs are beautiful from the beginning and I am very proud. About two weeks ago, before I knew better, I sprayed some of the grass near where I let them out sometimes to eat grass, with a poison called triazicide to kill some bugs that were stinging me and causing huge welts on my ankles. Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can eat these eggs? And you do not have to mention how stupid I am. I already got that. I just didn't think. Any help would be appreciated. I called the spectricide company and they told me three weeks...........three weeks that the stuff is poison to them. How long does it stay in their system? And what about their eggs?