Trick to carrying duck so you don't get scratched?

lvmomma

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
las vegas, nv

I have 2 ducks, one can be carried around no problem, the other kicks her feet like crazy and those little toes are SHARP. Is there a trick to carrying her so she will stay calm and not rip my arm to shreds?

And a couple pictures of them because they're too cute not to share ;)

Mama Ducker

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 17, 2013
Southern NH
I find with my mallards and pekins that if you hold them close to you they wont kick. They are afraid of getting dropped I think.

TLWR

Crowing
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
My buff duckling is the best there is at being carried. She just hangs there, feet dangling, head up. My mallard is kicking and flapping her itty bitty winglets.

I just point feet away from me. If carrying just one, I will put my hand under their feet so they feet have pressure on them.

randerson846

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013

I have 2 ducks, one can be carried around no problem, the other kicks her feet like crazy and those little toes are SHARP. Is there a trick to carrying her so she will stay calm and not rip my arm to shreds?

And a couple pictures of them because they're too cute not to share ;)
what breed is the 1st one :)

Last edited:

lvmomma

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
las vegas, nv
My buff duckling is the best there is at being carried. She just hangs there, feet dangling, head up. My mallard is kicking and flapping her itty bitty winglets.

I just point feet away from me. If carrying just one, I will put my hand under their feet so they feet have pressure on them.

Funny mine are the opposite my Rouen/mallard (don't know which yet, and I'm getting conflicting opinions) is perfect and my buff is the spaz lol I will have to just start pointing feet away, I try supporting her feet and it seems to almost make it worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom