Tricky case of Bumblefoot.

Ariapina

Songster
Jul 10, 2019
Porter, TX
My hen Pepper got a bumble in between her toes. I have treated other hens before for minor cases and had no problem getting the infection out. With pepper, I soaked her foot with epsom salt and warm water, removed scab, got kernel but because of the odd location, couldn’t seem to get every little piece out. I did as much as she would tolerate, and then did blu kote, neosporin and wrapped with duoderm and vetwrap. Will those pieces work their way out or will I need to go back in and try again? My few previous cases have been so minor I’ve never had this problem. Any tips appreciated!

I have figured out what is causing it and fixed the issue, just wanna do whatever I can to get this cleared up for her!

Ps- thank goodness for good partners who help with the process! 😬

Attachments

• D98D2017-EF45-49B5-A0AD-50BE0808F760.jpeg
    D98D2017-EF45-49B5-A0AD-50BE0808F760.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 10
Bumble foot is no fun! A few of my hens have also had bumblefoot. If you use diatomaceous earth sometimes it can dry out their feet causing the brumbles. Usually once I get the kernel out, I spray with blu kote and then leave it until the morning. Then for about two weeks I change the dressing every morning and night, make sure to spray the blu kote and after that smear on some antibiotic. Usually if you got most of the kernel out the Blu kote should get rid of it. Once the spot where you cut the bumble out is healed you can still spray the Blu kote 2x a day. I hope the best for you and your chicken! ❤️❤️❤️

Bumble foot is no fun! A few of my hens have also had bumblefoot. If you use diatomaceous earth sometimes it can dry out their feet causing the brumbles. Usually once I get the kernel out, I spray with blu kote and then leave it until the morning. Then for about two weeks I change the dressing every morning and night, make sure to spray the blu kote and after that smear on some antibiotic. Usually if you got most of the kernel out the Blu kote should get rid of it. Once the spot where you cut the bumble out is healed you can still spray the Blu kote 2x a day. I hope the best for you and your chicken! ❤❤❤

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom