Trimming turkeys toenails!

surfingdevil

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 23, 2012
Sa Pobla, Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone
Has anyone had to trim a turkey's toenails?? My turkey isn't really limping but looks like she is hobbling a little. I notice one or two of her toenails are really long and at an angle. Can you trim them? Is there any info online about it? I haven't caught her for a closer look yet.
thanks

I wonder about that myself. My Royal Palm hen has a toenail that bends toward the side a little. Didn't know if I was actually up to the beating from her. She's tame but probably not up to a trim.
caf.gif

I know what you mean. I know my girl will probably try to peck the hell out of me! It will take two of us to hold her, she's big and strong and quite nervous. She was caught by both our dogs when she was only a few weeks old! she was not injured but has been nervous ever since. I hope someone comes up with some information and advice.

Hi everyone
Has anyone had to trim a turkey's toenails?? My turkey isn't really limping but looks like she is hobbling a little. I notice one or two of her toenails are really long and at an angle. Can you trim them? Is there any info online about it? I haven't caught her for a closer look yet.
thanks
Good day could you please tell me if you ever got an answer on how to trim your turkeys nails thank you

I have always used dog nail clippers to trim toe nails on my turkeys before a show. Make sure you buy a sturdy pair, turkey toenails are tougher than a dog's!

Back
Top Bottom