Trio of Turks

Ksane

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Oklahoma
I've got 3 Royal Palm turkeys that are just over 7 wks old. In case I've got 2 toms & 1 hen, is there any kind of a decent chance they'll all 3 get along? Or will I surely have to separate them later on? I'm getting ready to build their 15' x 35' pen and if I'm undoubtedly going to have to separate later it's going to determine how I arrange the pen.
Any real experiences?

If they are all the same age the some time early next spring the toms are going to fight it out to see who gets the girl. Usually they don't do serious damage to each other but for a week or so they're going to look pretty tore up. After that they should settle down again, but do keep an eye on them while they are having it out in case something goes wrong.

Good, so there's a chance they won't have to be separated? I also didn't know I'd have *that long. That gives me 4 or 5 months longer than I thought I'd have. Assuming, of course, that 2 are toms. I was hoping for either 2 hens or 3 toms but knowing my luck I'll end up with 2 males and a female. I want to expect the worst and hope for the best
smile.png

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom