Trouble candling eggs

[email protected]

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 4, 2012
Washougal, WA
I am having trouble candling my eggs. I am trying to compare them to this link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/candling-pics-progression-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs some of them look like they have a black dot like the one on day 8 in the 3rd pic, i cant see the veins though is this mean it is developing? I am on day 8.

some of my other eggs have a dark spot 3/4 of the egg side to side (goes all the way from the top of the egg to the bottom) is this bad?

Theas are brown, green and whitish brown eggs ( they are from 3 green egg layers, black star, red star, gold laced wandolt, and think the other 2 are rode island reds or something) and if it helps when i was collecting eggs they where out side for half the day in the grass (well fed flock 1 roster 8 hens probably about 5 years old).

Thanks for any help.

I have problems with certain eggs being able to tell what is in them when it is still early in incubation. Once you get around 12 to 14 day it becomes much easier. They tend to be much more mobile in there making it easy to tell something is in there alive. As long as they are not stinking give them another 5 days and check again.

Thanks, I took another look at them last night, and was able to see the veins on all of the eggs with the dark spots and noticed some in a couple more eggs got about 7 that I can see so fare (i started with 16 but I don't think the others are fertile)

I have problems with certain eggs being able to tell what is in them when it is still early in incubation. Once you get around 12 to 14 day it becomes much easier. They tend to be much more mobile in there making it easy to tell something is in there alive. As long as they are not stinking give them another 5 days and check again.

Back
Top Bottom