Trouble selling Seramas?

I have 8 Serama roos in the house and it's not really that annoying (lol though it sounds like it should be!). They do sleep in crates in my office at night simply because my teenagers, for some strange reason, feel the need to sleep past 8am
lol.png
Even all of them together is not as bad as my cochin roosters outside. Those are noisy! We had quail for awhile - awful sounding things. And my friends have a parrot....scary sounding bird!

Quote:
Don't just give them away but invite the local 4H group to your home to see and handle the birds. Then, provide information on the ideal hen and ideal male, explain the history and educate the kids. 4H'ers show showmanship and these birds would be fabulous for that! As far as the cage judging that is done at fairs, etc., where the 4h kids show, somoene needs to educate the judge and provide judging materials and standards on the breed so that they can adequately judg ethe serama and not judge it as an Old English. You can even ask the show management if they would do table top because it is a fabulous attention getting and attracks a number of people.

TEACH ME ! ocseramas i would love to help the kids out and bring some attention to this breed . i just have no idea where to start ! or what to do ?
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Quote:
Don't just give them away but invite the local 4H group to your home to see and handle the birds. Then, provide information on the ideal hen and ideal male, explain the history and educate the kids. 4H'ers show showmanship and these birds would be fabulous for that! As far as the cage judging that is done at fairs, etc., where the 4h kids show, somoene needs to educate the judge and provide judging materials and standards on the breed so that they can adequately judg ethe serama and not judge it as an Old English. You can even ask the show management if they would do table top because it is a fabulous attention getting and attracks a number of people.

Quote:
American Serama are starting to be bred for colors by some breeders.

The White American Serama and White Frizzled American Serama are already accepted by the ABA and in March 2012 will go for APA recognization.

Next will come Black, Mottled and Wheaten within the next ten years for recognization.

They are also more uniform in size than they used to be in the early 2000s.

Get to know the breeders before buying and know your market before selling.

Additional information can be found at: scnaonline.org

Back
Top Bottom