Trouble selling Seramas?

racuda

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
North Carolina
I can easily sell every Silkie chick I hatch locally. Guinea keets too. But no one is interested in the Seramas. I have decent stock. Do you suppose it is a regional thing?

Maybe people are finally coming to their senses. No, that can't be it, you said you're still selling Silkies. [Try to guess what 2 of my least favorite breeds are]

Do you use pics in your ads? I'll bet a lot of folks don't know what they are.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm sure I could sell Dominiques for $3 a chick but they're boring.

Quote:
Is $5 per chick too much? Or $20 for a young pair?

Quote:
I am in the photography/graphics business. I use good pics and use html in the ads, so I don't have to rely on Craigslist teeny 4 pictures.

just call them exotic miniature chickens... i sell a lot of OEGB chickens, and i don't call them OEGB's... since only a fraction of the people that see the ad know what they are... but it might be a regional thing... but what i see selling more are silkies... that's like the chihuahua of the chicken world... they sell like crazy... everybody wants a silkie... lol...

same here i post really nice ads with pic's and i never get any calls. i just think people have no idea about the seramas in some states. everyone around here has no idea what a serama really is. i only know three people in my county that have seramas. and there are no shows around here for them exsept count fairs. i think i'm going to try and give some away to the local 4h groupes and see if i can get some intrest in them! its worth a try. good luck saleing those seramas.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

They are actually really entertaining to watch when they are eating Seramas and Silkies
big_smile.png

I'm just joking, but I do think my Doms are anything but boring.

Do you show your stock? I don't even know what the recognized colors are right now, but are you breeding those?

Quote:

They are actually really entertaining to watch when they are eating Seramas and Silkies
big_smile.png

I'm just joking, but I do think my Doms are anything but boring.

Do you show your stock? I don't even know what the recognized colors are right now, but are you breeding those?

pssst FYI TRUE haratege DOMIQUES sell for way more them 3$ a chick
gig.gif

In the past I had no problems selling seramas, lately I can't give them away. Very rarely do I have birds up for sale either tho but when I do its usually extra cocks and those are hard to move especially when you have to give them some sort of heat in our arctic winters.

Back
Top Bottom