Trouble with my incubator, Brower Model 11670-3

Sirenic

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 14, 2012
Alright guys so this things vintage, but it still works, I got it from my in-laws, he said I could have it if I got it working, cleaned it up, plugged her in and the heat went up to about 114 and then shut off... then dropped a tad and went back up again.

So everything works, right?

BUT....

I can't seem to get a steady temperature..

It went to about 124 before bed.. so I lowered it about 1 turn and a half (the screw on top)
Then I woke up, and it dropped to 64 degrees!

Am I doing something wrong? Is turning the screw 1 turn and a half way too much?

I didn't realize how touchy this thing was...

Anyways.. I am using a digital thermometer... Could that be the mistake?

My step dad was mentioning how the digital thermometer may be a bit inaccurate because the plastic covering over it is warm, and when the temperature drops the plastic covering is still warm so it may be a bit inaccurate..

The closest ive ever had it, was between 96 and 104 degrees. I remember getting up and checking it, and looking at it being 104 then I went back and noticed it was 96 after awhile, with the light on.

I am completely inexperienced with this thing and any type of help would be so awesome.

Thank you kindly!

PS. Should I go out and buy a stick thermometer?

I have a small incubator, styrofoam type but I turn the screw just a little bit as in 1/16 of a turn at a time. It takes time but if everything is working ie thermostat, it'll work out for you. Patience is the word believe me. Also I had a problem hold the temp a couple time myself. Ended up buying a thermostat and that fixed the problem. Not familiar with you type. As for the digital thermometer, I've used them and you won't get a true reading shooting thru the plastic looking glass. I've used them and if your looking theu something you'll get the temp of what your looking thru and that'll be the temp on the outside. It'll be warmer than the outside temp but not the temp inside the incubator. I would aim the thermometer at one of the eggs or the side or turners or something inside of the incubator, not the outside of the window. I 'm using a bulb thermometer myself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom