Trouble with new ducks

So, yet another update: I was putting compost in the bins and feeding some bell pepper scraps to the ducks (everyone was happy to see me except beast/the drake), and out she popped from under my trailer and stole a piece of pepper. I was able to catch her and return her to her hutch safe and sound, if not a little dirty. Looks like she was hiding under the duck house all along…

I’ll probably seal a few little gaps in our fence and start letting her loose in with the ducks for some free range time. All in all, a good end to the saga of my escapees…
I'm glad you found her. ❤️

So, yet another update: I was putting compost in the bins and feeding some bell pepper scraps to the ducks (everyone was happy to see me except beast/the drake), and out she popped from under my trailer and stole a piece of pepper. I was able to catch her and return her to her hutch safe and sound, if not a little dirty. Looks like she was hiding under the duck house all along…

I’ll probably seal a few little gaps in our fence and start letting her loose in with the ducks for some free range time. All in all, a good end to the saga of my escapees…
I was hoping for something like that. 🙂 Rabbits know they are prey and know to find cover, even domestic ones.

Final update and I'll let this thread die: I kept the ducks in the pen for a few days, which they weren't thrilled about, but everyone except the drake (Beast) eventually dealt with. I've found if I go and get them before dark and put them up they are pretty responsive, especially if I give some treats along with the put up. Seems like all's well that ends well.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom