CluckyCharms

Songster
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Missouri, but Montana in my dreams
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all,

I am very concerned about some hatching eggs that are on their way to me. For some reason they are right back where they started from two days ago and I'm confused as to why this would happen.

They started in a certain city in a certain state - and then went to another city within that state yesterday. This morning I went to track them and they're now back in the original city and state in the sort facility.

Why would this occur??

Hi all,

I am very concerned about some hatching eggs that are on their way to me. For some reason they are right back where they started from two days ago and I'm confused as to why this would happen.

They started in a certain city in a certain state - and then went to another city within that state yesterday. This morning I went to track them and they're now back in the original city and state in the sort facility.

Why would this occur??
I have no idea why this would occur..Where are you ordering from?

I have no idea why this would occur..Where are you ordering from?

The eggs are coming from a breeder in San Bernardino, CA. I was told if the eggs don't arrive by the scheduled delivery date that she'll send more, which was nice. But...I'm just wondering why (or I guess the appropriate term would be how, not why) this occurred. I contacted my local PO and the postmaster told me that it could happen for several reasons but that the main reason it happens is because if a zip code is sloppily written or if the label is damaged or torn some postal workers will "guess" the zip based on what is legible and send it on its way because it's easier than going the extra mile to figure it out.
roll.png

There's a high probability they'll still arrive in plenty of time, I was just a bit bewildered I guess.

Last edited:
The eggs are coming from a breeder in San Bernardino, CA. I was told if the eggs don't arrive by the scheduled delivery date that she'll send more, which was nice. But...I'm just wondering why (or I guess the appropriate term would be how, not why) this occurred. I contacted my local PO and the postmaster told me that it could happen for several reasons but that the main reason it happens is because if a zip code is sloppily written or if the label is damaged or torn some postal workers will "guess" the zip based on what is legible and send it on its way because it's easier than going the extra mile to figure it out.
roll.png

There's a high probability they'll still arrive in plenty of time, I was just a bit bewildered I guess.
Huh, that's interesting. Hopefully you get your eggs soon! I'm hatching eggs too. They're on day 13:) Good luck!!

Huh, that's interesting. Hopefully you get your eggs soon! I'm hatching eggs too. They're on day 13:) Good luck!!

Weeee, day 13 is exciting because if I remember correctly, that was around the time I could actually see little tufts of feather when I candled. lol Congrats to you and have fun with them. I pray you have a wonderful hatch rate! :)

Weeee, day 13 is exciting because if I remember correctly, that was around the time I could actually see little tufts of feather when I candled. lol Congrats to you and have fun with them. I pray you have a wonderful hatch rate! :)
Thanks and yes, day 13 is a fun time! You can also see their toes sometimes:) Good luck with your hatch too!

Back
Top Bottom