Troyergals Chat Thread!!!

Here's the Mille Fleur d'Uccles I'm selling!
IMG_5319.jpg
IMG_5326.jpg
IMG_5333.jpg
IMG_5337.jpg
IMG_5341.jpg
IMG_5348.jpg
IMG_5351.jpg
IMG_5357.jpg

Well
That was blunt. :rolleyes:

Since we're totally throwing around opinions like poisoned onions, let me just say I don't like Buckeyes because t h e y a l w a y a s l o o k l I k e t h e y ' r e g o I n g t o k I l l y o u I n y o u r s l e e p.
I mean
Come on, agree with me here.
They're got the glare of a game, and it just doesn't look right on a meaty bird. :lol:
I thought that at first too until the sweetness of mine sold it. Maybe his angry face isn't up to standard.
I guess you get used to the grump cause when my mom wanted them I was like UGH I wanted a rare pretty breed, not an ugly one, but they now look pretty to me. Most of the ones I've seen in books were hatchery quality examples.
Mine aren't the greatest, but they are way shinier. (Just adding suspense....)

Oh. Which one? Did you see the rooster? They are fairly decent. Just almost all have WAY too many point.

Breed quality I guess, she’s not laying yet. She’s 19 weeks I think, I could be off by 2-3 weeks.
Her stance is off here, she usually doesn’t stand like that. Her tail is usually higher.
View attachment 1532023 View attachment 1532024
Nice plumage for that age. :D Her tail carriage is certainly a bit low, even if she was just standing off-balance. Could improve, could worsen. That also gives her the unfavorably long body. And even for being that young, her comb's a bit small for the breed.
Overall nice bird despite her minor faults- all could be corrected in her offspring with some selective breeding. What are your plans for her? :p

I thought that at first too until the sweetness of mine sold it. Maybe his angry face isn't up to standard.
I guess you get used to the grump cause when my mom wanted them I was like UGH I wanted a rare pretty breed, not an ugly one, but they now look pretty to me. Most of the ones I've seen in books were hatchery quality examples.
Mine aren't the greatest, but they are way shinier. (Just adding suspense....)
:lau People can grow to love anything- I know all too well. How many you got now? :p

Ah
hahahahahahahahaha
ha
h a

The camera is being very unflattering right now. With a naked eye it is a much darker shinier rooster with no weird spots. Downwind I could not get a good picture because he was silloueted to black and this is all you are going to get because he kept running from shadow to shadow like he was allergic to the sun. I will have to scare the pullets out of the shadows later. I didn't realize they act like vampires.
DSC07700.JPG
DSC07699.JPG
DSC07694.JPG

I guess he wasn't black with the sun to his back, the camera just showed that on it's screen. How dark he appears to a human. Now imagine him with shiny feathers.
DSC07687.JPG

Running from me and the camera.
DSC07684.JPG

Just scared him out of a shadow here.
DSC07681.JPG

After being in the sun for a year, Buckeye feathers fade and fall out. Mini Buckeye molting.
I have three old LF Buckeye right now, and seven or eight young ones. Most cockerels. Three promising looking cockerels and.... one pullet. A lot of them are too small or have inherited a bad comb from their mother, I intend to fix that.
@HeavensHens88

Attachments

• DSC07684.JPG
    DSC07684.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom