1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

True Black Silkie Cockerel

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by bethbug74, Sep 20, 2013.

1. bethbug74

bethbug74 The Lady Gadfly

Mar 28, 2011
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    I have a true black silkie cockerel available. He is from Aaron Hunginger stock. He just started crowing and is absolutely gorgeous. I ordered a trio, one died in shipment due to careless PO handling, and the remaining two were boys. I can find use for one, but not two.

This is a TRUE black silkie, not a black bird from other pairings. He is 16 weeks old now. His parents were black, as were theirs. I would like $30 for him. That is less than I paid for him at 8 weeks old.

The photo is a few weeks old, but I can send you some more current photos as soon as it stops raining here.

Shipping will be $65, including his box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: