1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Truly Blessed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Since I moved into my first apartment I have always wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer. It has been on my "Christmas wish list" for the past 10 years. Mom always said, "Maybe someday when you get your own house" and I was always OK with that. It was never a "need".

When I finally did get "my own house", I needed other things and the stand mixer took the back burner. Last January, I said goodbye to "my own house", due to a blossoming new relationship and the hardships and sacrifices come along as "I" becomes "we" (we were both in financial trouble, and SO had lost his job) among other things.

Just a month ago, SO and I moved in to "our house". It is a new and different experience, and while I had to give up living in a home that had been in the family for nearly a century, I couldn't be happier. I have found my soul mate, the man who completes me. But to make a long story short- and to keep me from rambling any further...

Today a very dear friend and coworker (I call her "Momma Jan") because through the years she has become a 2nd mother to me, called me and asked me to come over and get my Christmas gift, as they would be out of town this weekend. I walked in the kitchen to find a box wrapped in camo (she knows me all too well!) She asked if I minded opening it there, so I tore into it. Low and behold, this was what I found inside...

[​IMG]

I just wanted to share, not because I FINALLY got the KitchenAid mixer I have always wanted, but to take time to reflect that the most important things during Christmas time are not the material objects we receive, but the friends and family that make life special. I am not blessed because of my new KitchenAid mixer (though I cried I was so excited) The true reason I am blessed are the friends and family that I am so grateful I get to share my life with. God is good.

2. artsy1

artsy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    sarasota
    God is good..............would love a cake......hahahaha Merry Christmas

3. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    My parents and I just got a KitchenAid for my sister for Christmas, but we gave it to her before Thanksgiving so she could bake for the holidays, she chose Persimmon for the color. I think she cried too...
    She had been using my grandmother's mixer and her daughter got a spoon stuck in the mixer while it was running and burned out the motor... My grandmother has been dead for 20+ years... they don't make things like that anymore.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww [​IMG] That's wonderful. You'll love your kitchenaid mixer. On Valentine's day my oldest daughter got me mine, and I couldn't be happier! Enjoy!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    You are blessed [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You will love it! The Princess got one 5 or 6 years ago what a great thing it is.

7. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Congratulations on your new home, new life and your NEW MIXER! I have one that I have had for many years - they last forever and I use it constantly - and I bought each of my daughters one after they got married, too.

Now...for the attachments...(it's kind of like 'chicken math')

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Awww nice! I love red. I still remember when DH bought me my bosh. I use it all the time, I wish it came in red though.

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations on the mixer. You have a wonderful friend.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh my dear. She got you the upgraded one too. You ARE blessed!!!! I got mine last Valentines day and I just love that thing. It makes my life so much easier!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by