Trying this for the first time HELP!!!

Thanks so much for your help and for ringing your friend, its 11pm here now and I'm too worried to go to bed!! I have misted the egg and when I do the membrane goes kinda clear but I cant see any movement only a few blood vessels. Can it breath through the membrane? I havent heard it make a sound since this afternoon, I'm worried that it has already died!!! What can I do the waiting is like torture!

Hi all thanks for the advice, its now 18 hours after last sound was heard and any progress was made with the shell, its day 24 how long do I keep going for? I have 6 eggs still going but no movement or sound from any of them. I think that I was foolish to try and do it without a proper incubator. Although they developed this far too many things could go wrong and stop them hatching. Im so sad this didnt work as will be my son when he wakes up. It was so hard yesterday hearing the little one cheep and now today nothing. :-(

anything yet? If you can see veins, I think you have to be careful as breaking them early can cause the chick to bleed to death. Could your dates be a little out? Even so I guess its day 24/25 as it is. My pekins and silkies started hatching on day 20. I had one that could not make it out and I opened it later on and poor little chick was curled up dead, it was heart breaking. In someways I wish I hadnt opened it.

Try straying very warm water on the eggs. someone also said to me that you can cheep as the mother hen would at the eggs to encourage the chicks out. Hold one close to your ear, can you hear anything?

Keep in touch!
fl.gif

Hello thanks everyone for your help and advice but my lil guy deidnt make it, none of the others hatched either, was so sad. I dont wanna open any of them up I dont wanna see. Today I went out abd brought a Brinsea mini advanced incubator and on saturday I'm gonna get a fresh batch of pekin eggs and try again my little boy is so desperate to see the chick hatch out so fingers crossed for the next batch!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom