Trying to change habits for a cleaner pen...

I can totally relate! My cat brings in mice from time to time, and there is nothing like 3 100lb dogs and a cat going after the same prey while the kids are freaking out. LOL... Thaks for the tip, have peas on hand.
big_smile.png

Back to pens and food and water (btw, I know the stepping on something experience. willies)

Maddiesmom,

I have a night pen attached to the duck house. The night pen has food and water in it all day and into the evening. The floor is hardware cloth covered with sand (combo builders' and play sand). The ducks go in during late afternoon and I let them eat and drink all they want. Usually they don't want much. Around sundown if they are not in the house (they usually are), I get them in there and close the house door and remove the food bowl from the night pen. Everyone (eleven runners) seems okay with that. Around light the next morning, I go out with food, rinse and refill the water bowl (and swim pools if needed), and let them run around in their play yard (not finished yet, so I watch them as they swim) for a few minutes. Then I herd them back into the night pen (much more secure), where they can have breakfast while I have coffee.

They like to forage a bit during their first run of the morning.

Back
Top Bottom