Trying to convince Hubby

Maybe threatening to turn it into an incubator will light a fire under him, and he'll actually pretty it up and put it on display.

then give him an ultimatum..he can fix it, sell it, restore it, but it has to be used for something..if he doesn't do anything with it then you are going to use it as an incubator. I'm just saying i wouldn't use it as an incubator...I would sell it. I'm a little bit selfish though...so if I wanted it gone in my house it would be gone. My husband would go to work, come home and I would tell him I sold it for x amount.

lol.png
I know this is a chicken forum not one for marriage but I see myself a few years back in your post. My H collects things too. I used to resent the space they took up but one day when I was asking him to part with some of his T shirts from the 70s he said to me. " You really don't understand me do you?" After that I tried, if not to understand to tolerate and respect his desire to hang on to certain stuff. Now I collect chickens and he is returning the favor
cool.png

You can also try watching American Restoration on the history channel It may help him light his fire for restoring or selling it.

:D I'm actually pretty patient with all the stuff he has. This one is just so big, so bulky, and so useless that it's trying my patience after 4 years of "I'm gonna restore it!" (which has now devolved into, "It'll never run again, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I still want it"). Want it in your office then bud, not my dining room. Or else it gets turned into an incubator.
gig.gif

As for watching anything...we don't have a TV, but I'll see if I can find it online. We like that sort of thing.

That was what I was hoping to do. Tearing out the useless guts and leaving the rest of it intact. The door would close so you didn't have to look at the eggs all the time. Inside there would be an internal door of plexiglass. I thought it would be extra fun to have the sign light up and everything. I thought it'd be super good as an incubator because of all the insulation already in there to keep the sodas cold.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom